topiary cats

topiary cats

Saturday, May 24, 2025

On the First Day of Kayak Season.......

4 hours on patrol with wicked wind
3 people towed (quite the workout!)
1 empty double towed (the people in it fell out, they were fine)
1 possibly intoxicated person
1 phone in the river for the river gods


It was COLD out and I got RAINED ON TWICE
Great clouds tho...






There was a small opening day celebration after.

I was COLD.
I was DAMP.
I knew I might be sore tomorrow.
So, I decided to go home and soak in a steaming hot epsom salt bath.

7:30pm: While I was waiting for the E train at Canal St, I got a phone call from the hotline.... any way I could do the overnight RIGHT NOW TONIGHT?

Well, I was just there on Thursday and shifts are always spaced out more than that, but I said yes.
Sure, why not? No reason I can't, they really need help, and I was on for the overnight on Tuesday anyhow.
Now I'm not, I get my night back which is nice.

So, no epsom salt bath for me (or sleep) but I will bring my foam roller to the hotline.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!