topiary cats

topiary cats

Saturday, May 31, 2025

31 Days Finally Done

I am so ready for May to be over.
This month has been dumb and long and ridiculous.
It has been April Part 2.

Today Janae and I had a painting date.
Of course there was rain and wind in the morning forecast.
I thought the afternoon would be ok to paint outside but maybe a little cold.
As it turned out, it was a perfect day to be outside and it wasn't too cold at all!

We went to Green-Wood Cemetery and painted over by the koi pond.

Overall I feel successful with practicing simplification.
I have painted lily pads before and wanted to take a different approach.
Specifically, I wanted to see the lily pads as masses, not render every single one. I kind of got to an ok point with it but I'll have to try again in another painting.

8x10 oil




There was a flappy duck who came to play with the fish:



And some good clouds and tree stumps:




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!