topiary cats

topiary cats

Saturday, August 26, 2023

From the Flipside

Today was..... extremely busy.
Daya needed to go to Costco.
Honestly, we were down to a bunch of empty space in the pantry, fridge, and BOTH freezers so it had to happen. We got there early, did all the things, and came home.

Then I went to the boathouse.

Daya volunteered for Move NYC, they had 2 shows today and I went to the second one at 5pm.
It's very close to the boathouse, so I did my volunteering and headed over.

Last year was hard because it was a bunch of "lasts" and was sad in that growing-up kind of way.

I think I have gotten over that!!!

Being at the Move show--- which was awesome, it always is---- was SO RELAXING!!
Like I could enjoy it differently being on the other side of senior year and college and not-knowing-what-comes-next.

All that uncertainty and things to do ahead of me--- GONE.


***********
Apparently Daya is going to Coney Island for a Juilliard outing tomorrow.
I got home a few hours before she did, and I crashed around 10:30.

While I was in bed just falling asleep my phone started buzzing.... it was Daya.
Wanting beach sheets/blankets for tomorrow.

I do not want her going thru the linen closet because she'll take the wrong things, won't put everything back properly, and I also don't remember what I have.  (Last Spring I did a big cleanout and donated my junky linens to the Ardith Mae goat babies.)

Does this extreme last-minute request/preparation stuff ever end with kids?

**********
Oh, also, the cute corn snake was picked up yesterday by someone from the NYC parents list-serve.  He's going to a rescue guy who does a bunch of educational programs etc.  It worked out well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!