It's been, obviously, a quiet week.
Last night I finally ventured out for the first time since last Wednesday… for a tides class down at the boathouse.
The instructor never showed up.
Graeme was there so he just taught it instead.
He is basically a walking encyclopedia (yes he read an entire set of encyclopedias once) and kind of knows everything, but he’ll also talk for hours. Graeme needs his own podcast.
Anyhow, it was cool that Graeme taught the class because hse also wrote a book about it.
If you want to read about some geeky water stuff, go here: https://www.graemebirchall.com/kayakers-guide
Eyes: Fog almost gone, not quite completely, blood still floating around, I have those photopsia circling light bubbles too. Also I’m still very red but otherwise all is well. I have another dr appt tomorrow and am hoping for normal physical activity clearance.
********
Today has been a Mondayish Tuesday.
First, when I woke up this morning, Furball wasn’t with me.
Furball ALWAYS comes to hang out right when I walk up. She’s always on time or early to work, which in her case is helping me with the Wordle.
I had to do it all by myself.
It took me 5 tries and a made-up nonsense word actually went through.
The Wordle is weird and hard without Furball.
I was up and about and Furball still wasn’t out.
This is really weird and at that point she was officially considered missing.
I gave the cats breakfast.
No Furball.
I have no idea how I could possibly have a missing cat… I asked Daya who didn’t know and didn’t care because she was trying to leave.
FINALLY Furball came out from…. I don’t know where—- like nothing was amiss.
I was genuinely starting to get very concerned!!!
************
Last Friday I opened a Roth IRA
My old employee TD Waterhouse account has weathered corporate actions kind of like I have over the years, and now it’s Schwab. Fine. Ok.
Time for an IRA.
I am slightly behind in retirement savings, due to raising a kid alone with no help financially or otherwise, it really sets a person back, but now it’s time to play a bit of catch-up.
So I opened the account and got an immediate account restriction because I work for a securities exchange.
Major compliance and personal account dealings crap.
What a bother, but expected.
I have no issue with being compliant.
I called Schwab, they said I dont need to do anything, they have contacts and will reach out, it will be clear in 2 days.
Cool.
Then Schwab called me and said I have to get a 407 compliance letter from my employer.
I said that’s not what I was told but ok.
So I emailed Central Compliance at work and they said I’m not subject to FINRA and do not need a 407 letter or permission to have this account. And since I am not subject to FINRA give Schwab this email as confirmation.
I did that.
Schwab says it’s probably not enough, they need a letter signed by a corporate officer but they will look into it and get back to me in 48 hours.
THIS IS SO ANNOYING.
I do not work with any non-public information and my employer has a(n understandable) draconian compliance policy, but what they did to be…insane… was to extend the personal account dealing policy to absolutely everyone across the board, even people it probably shouldn’t apply to, like me.
I won’t even trade stocks anymore because of it, I don’t actually understand the policy because it is written in British corporate legalese, and also for certain things which aren’t clear to me I HAVE TO GET MY MANAGER’s APPROVAL TO PLACE TRADES!
NO FUCKING WAY.
Not only is that none of his business, I don’t think he himself understands the policy enough to make judgements on it.
Also, what about market orders????
I don’t understand the policy, they don’t tell you about it in actual everyday English, and I’m too worried about violating some compliance-whatever-thing.
So, I’d like to start trading again but yeah.
None of this makes any damn sense and my employer really should designate people who really shouldn’t fall under this policy.
I guess that’s too much work tho.
So I emailed Central Compliance AGAIN asking what to do, because at this point I have no idea.
I just want to fund this account and do what I need to do already!!
UGH.

What a pain. I hope all this is straightened out by now.
ReplyDelete