topiary cats

topiary cats

Tuesday, June 13, 2023

Last Day at LaG

Today was the last day of high school.
I can't believe it.

It's over.

Daya got an award, so I was there for the awards ceremony.

I went in early because the PA needed help.
Here is my probably-last-picture of the neverending stairs.






After awards, I left.
The seniors had lunch on the 8th floor.
Check out this cake!



************
I was feeling pretty good most of today.
Daya brought all 7 dance paintings in early this morning so the kids could see them at their lunch.
Today was literally the only day she was in school since Wednesday to do it.
Thursday there was no school and Friday- when the paintings were supposed to go in, our stupid DOE cancelled school due to the air crap from Wednesday, even though ther were no issues on Friday at all whatsoever.  Everything got derailed but this morning really should have been fine as well.

I also sent some prints for the teachers.

Last Wednesday I sent an email to the dance department about it.
And I have still gotten absolutely no response.

And Daya said the paintings weren't out on display for the kids.
(They did do that last year.)

So I'm feeling really deflated.
The whole thing is supposed to be a fundraiser for the dance department.
The PA did send out an email to all dance families and it was also in Sunday Night News.

I really wanted the kids to see their paintings as part of their celebration, and I really thought they would do that again. And maybe at least acknowledge it.

I'm not going to be yet another thing for busy people to deal with (or not), so maybe I'm done with dance paintings.

1 comment:

  1. Gosh, going through all that effort and no response. If you continue to paint you will have to do it for yourself.
    I was surprised to hear how Daya's name is pronounced. I have read it all these years as DAYa. I am so glad she got her recognition. Congratulations for all the hard work Daya.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!