topiary cats

topiary cats

Thursday, October 07, 2021

The Runaway Brush & Disaster

I am having a lovely time house-sitting.
I have been painting a lot. As of this evening I have 5 paintings.
Today I had planned to do 2, but only one happened.

Yesterday I walked to the reservoir and did a painting.
After I had packed up and was doing my last check, I saw my brush on the ground.
Phew, I was so glad I noticed it!!



This brush is not always in my plein air gear.  I have had it for a long time and actually it is one of my favorite brushes. And as I was packing to come here, it jumped out at me.  So I packed it. And I was so glad to not have lost it yesterday!

Today…… I almost lost it AGAIN!

The reservoir is a long walk and I stayed a little closer to home this morning. I did a painting in the woods.  Looked around, packed up, went home.  And a little voice in my head said to check for my brush.
I checked.
It was not with my other brushes.
It was nowhere.

I thought, it’s still in the woods.
I had to go back. Luckily it was only about a 20 minute walk and since i had stayed on the trail I was able to go right back to my spot… and there was my brush.

Once again, I was very happy to have it back.
I need to keep an eye on this brush! If I didn’t like it so much I would have just left it!

************
Why only 1 painting happened today

This is not a fun story.
I got home wanting to rest, especially after going back for my brush.
Meant to feed the cats and go back out.

And then… Rusty happened.



I have been keeping my paintings in Cathy’s laundry room to dry, safe from cats.
This has been working well until today.

He jumped up on my fresh painting then walked ALL OVER MY OTHER ONES!

I had to clean the cat up and fix my paintings which took a while and I’m a little upset about it.
I think they are all ok and I hope my fixes to this morning’s painting are close to how it was.
The others are ok.

Rusty totally deserved that bath he got for messing up my paintings!

I think I got all the paint off him.





I moved them to the fireplace mantle, after checking with Cathy that no cats jump up there.
I really, really, REALLY need them to dry enough for transport by Saturday morning. 2 of them already were now I am back to square one.  I did put liquin in the paint so I think they will be tentatively ok.

I have  room for 4 wet panels in my box but right now I have 5 paintings and will be doing more tomorrow.  The plan was to have the first 2 or three touch dry.

Cathy comes home late tomorrow night.  I will post paintings all at the same time, hopefully tomorrow night.

So far though, this has been a good quiet week and I don’t miss social media or the news or any of it.
It’s nice to be alone in the woods and paint.

3 comments:

  1. Oh BAD CAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, it is difficult for me to be too angry with the cat. The paintings being so new it just had to see what was in its territory. And those sweet little pink pads. So cute. Good to hear you enjoyed your time in the woods. One of my favorite places.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!