topiary cats

topiary cats

Saturday, June 12, 2021

The Fearless Girl

This morning i went back downtown to finish my painting.
There were a lot of significant challenges.

She's not in a nice spot, aesthetically.
So that background was a challenge.

Also, tourists.
So. Many. Tourists.

I'm glad tourists are coming back to the city, we need the revenue.
But this painting really took a long time because  for most of it, I just couldn't even see the statue.

She is only 4 feet tall and was hard to see.  I did use a zoomed-in photo on my phone for the face.
I think I got the face angle a little wrong but the rest of the gesture I am happy with.

I may paint her again from behind, showing the pose with the NYSE.. 







After I painted I went down to volunteer at the boathouse.
I will be there every weekend unless something comes up and I can't.... but I really like it down there.

There was a sushi party at the boathouse today after closing... I could have stayed to hang out with some really cool people but I was pretty wiped out so I went home.

I am SO GLAD to be back in Lower Manhattan!

1 comment:

  1. I am so happy for you. It sounds like life is going through a good cycle. Love the Fearless Girl.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!