topiary cats

topiary cats

Thursday, June 24, 2021

Liquin Verdict

I went out painting after work.

I wanted to get out of my apartment, do some practice, and also give the liquin a go.
Here is an 8x10, it took about an hour and a half:



Setup:


                                 


My friend lives nearby and she came over to chat for a while.
Many really super-nice people came by as well.

This is Forest Hills, a residential neighborhood. People liked that I was painting there.

*********
Ok, liquin.
I used so. much. liquin! in college.
Because it dries the paint really fast, overnight.
And then I stopped because I didn't need overnight drying time and there are other things I just like better, to be honest.

The same things I don't like about liquin I still don't like about liquin.
The bottle is plastic now not glass anymore.
Liquin original is too soupy to go in a tube but I really think it ought to come in a squeeze bottle.
It's just such a pain to get out of the jar- you either get not enough or way too much.  Ugh.
The packaging is awful.

But as far as paint handling and layering for plein air.......
I *really* like it. Unfortunately.  I wish I didn't.

Liquin Impasto comes in a tube and I might give that a try as well just for the different packaging.
I had (have still somewhere???) an old tube but I can't find it.

ALSO I'm going to have to be really careful about keeping my brushes clean.
(My new brushes are awesome, what a difference!)

1 comment:

  1. Lovely artwork! Sounds like you had a nice time at Forest Hills.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!