This thing is, for all practical intents and purposes, useless.
Yes it will get Daya on the bus half fare, but here's the bizarre thing:
She has to carry exact half-fare change for the bus for every single ride. $1.45 in coins every time she wants to get on the bus. That's almost always 3, sometimes 4 times a day. (The buses only take exact change, no bills)
I cannot put money on this metrocard, and it cannot be used in conjunction with a regular metrocard to pay the fare difference, which makes NO SENSE AT ALL.
It's stunningly baffling.
So basically, the logistics of using this card to get a half fare are so un-manageable and not practical it isn't even worth doing. Believe me, I would LOVE a break on Daya's transit. But I also don't want her to be carrying an ocean of coins every day (and I would have to get these coins and i never have cash).
So we are back to an unlimited metrocard, which she can also use for the train.
Ridiculous!
ReplyDeleteThey don't make it easy.
ReplyDeleteWow, I am so sorry they are making it so difficult... I wouldn't want to come up with the perfect change everyday either... it's not always easy acquiring it xox
ReplyDelete