Another thing that falls under "must be perfectly organized at all times" is my pencil box. I am rather fond of my pencil box. You see, I've had it for over 13 years- since my first year in college. I was so excited to get it, and I remember having to wait a few weeks to make the purchse (something about being broke...).
Through the years it hasn't changed much. (Although I used to keep a little vial of Walnut ink in there and I can't find it! I wish I could!) The google eyes that used to be on the front came off years ago and it's collected a lot of art-grime that I have never been able to clean off (though not for lack of trying).
Here is the grand tour of my pencil box:

I keep lots of stuff in there, all perfectly arranged so it will still close.
Most notable things are:
*The usual assortment of graphite pencils, both regular and water-soluable
*A pastel pencil I have had since I was 9 years old. (From a General's Drawing Set)
*Ink pens and a brush or two
*An Altoids box for pencil shavings. (Got the idea from my high school art teacher. And it fits perfectly!!)
*A pretty Black Goldstone rock (because I like it- pictured in close-up above)
*Xacto knife and blades
*A dry point needle
*Bamboo pens, more assorted loose charcoal and graphite
*A few different kinds of erasers
*A white moonstone, a blending cloth I've had in there since college, a purple die, and a cross stone.
What's in your pencil box?
That is a neatly organised pencil box! I have my drawing tools assorted over four different containers.....haven't been fortunate enough to find a big pencil box like your one. I'll see if I can get a decent pic later though it's a rainy day, which means dark and gloomy indoors, not the best setting for clear pics.
ReplyDeleteWhat a fun post! I will go take pics of my one box (an old cigar box, I think)...and pass it along in a post on my blog! Your box is really cool looking and has such a great history! Definately never to be parted with!
ReplyDeleteI have been delighted by looking through your blog posts on this first page. Thank you Julie for bringing Stapelaid blog to our attention.
ReplyDeleteNow, as to a pencil box. I have more than one. I am not so "organized". However I do have a point that I cannot cross to be effective. I really like the idea of a sharpener in the altoid box. I always have issues with pencil shavings.
Your zentangles are marvelous as are your fairies.
Your best work of art is that beautiful daughter.