topiary cats

topiary cats

Tuesday, July 21, 2015

I'm Done.

Lately I have been struggling with a heavy sense of feeling disheartened when it comes to people.
And maybe faith, too.

But maybe that needs a question for clarification: faith in what? What was the illusion?

Faith that things change for the better. Faith that this very strange path I have been walking has been worth it, faith that it means something, That there is some kind of positive benefit from it. Faith that signs actually mean something. Faith that positive experiences and outcomes with people on a long-term, deeply connected level are even possible for my life. Faith that friends really are friends. Faith in new energy.

Here is something I think about: there are so many people in this world who consistently behave really poorly- in their treatment of others close to them, in the things they do, the nasty drama -- and yet, many of them still have people who care, who love them and stick by them, and help them. What a treasure, a gift that is--and in my observations, it is something that is rarely appreciated, if ever.

Friendship is very, very important to me. I take it very seriously. And I do have a couple of true friends still (I think?). Well I hope they are. Until they change their minds. But I have learned over and over that it is more important to me than it is to those who I thought, who said, they were true friends.

People who just change their minds.

Year after year, I keep having negative and hurtful experiences with significant people. Over and over. People who are (were) important and/or close. Friends and family.This year alone I have lost three very significant long-term relationships.

In case one and case two there was no disagreement, conflict, or fighting, or anything like that.  I don't fight with people. I don't take things personally and I don't get angry easily.

Millie told me that's why people take their stuff out on me. Because I don't get upset with them.  I don't react. Because I'm safe. I blow it off because I know it is about them, not me. I don't get into fights because I don't take things personally. And because I only fight as a last recourse.

But I REFUSE to be anyone's punching bag, emotional or otherwise. It is NOT ok to mistreat someone because you are experiencing life difficulties.  We ALL are dealing with life's difficulties.

This third one....well, when I went to Utah I asked one of my best friends to check in on the cats and scoop litter.  I told her I was behind in cleaning and I apologized, I truly wasn't home much at all in May or the beginning of June, and with everything I had to take care of, I fell behind in keeping up with my apartment. When I was home, I was just completely zonked. I am one person doing everything- and I do mean everything- alone. No help whatsoever with anything, ever. Something had to give, and what gave was the damn housework.

She said no worries.

But she thought my apartment was way too messy so she took it upon herself to clean --- but it came with a massively heavy hand of judgement and condemnation.  She said some awful hurtful things to me. Had she just cleaned a little to help out, and said "Hey Jess, I know you have been busy and overwhelmed, I wanted to help you out," I would have said, "Wow thanks!  Can I take you out to dinner?"

But no. Searing condemnation and harsh judgement is not loving, caring, or helpful.  Never mind that I have been close friends with this person for NINE YEARS and she has been to my apartment many, many times with no issue whatsoever. And I did not ask her to do anything but scoop some cat litter. Before I went away, we were absolutely fine. No fighting, conflict, nothing.  To my knowledge I did nothing to her to upset her. And I said so. I said everything I needed to say, it meant nothing. Hurting me like that meant nothing--in fact it is apparently my fault for feeling attacked and taking things personally.

I have a pretty high tolerance threshold, and many things I choose to just let go.  This pushed me past my limit of just letting it slide,

Well, yesterday brought the final closure; she officially dumped me. From my perspective, on a fact-based level, is that my friend checked in on my cats, didn't like the state of my apartment, so she cleaned and went through MY space, that has nothing to do with her, without my knowledge or consent, she judged and condemned me, and based on the state of my apartment and my reaction to her words and actions she doesn't like me anymore.

*********
It is hitting me so hard because I was feeling so good, so positive at the beginning of the year. So hopeful; I felt like this was a year to bring in new positive energy. Instead I have more losses, and nothing new comes in to fill in the spaces.

And it isn't like I'm sequestered; I am most definitely out and about in NYC.

To me, my friends are my family, and just like my biological family, it all ends up shattered.
I just can't do it any more. I'm done.

I look to myself, to see my fault or shortcoming in it. I'm not perfect, I know that, but I'm not finding anything significant. I talk to others about it and they can't answer it, either. But still, there must be something wrong with me.

I think I need to just stay away from people from now on. It hurts too much, it isn't worth it. I officially give up.

If I'm really that awful, I will refrain from inflicting myself on others.
If I'm ok and it's others that are awful, I will refrain from inflicting them on myself.

Either way, I AM DONE.

******
When, consistently throughout life from childhood on, you really have no one, you turn to yourself and your inner world. I'm absolutely fine and comfortable being alone, being with myself. What I would like is some balance to that. I'll always be an internal person; that is my nature.  I will always be my own person. But I would really, really like to bring in some balance externally, with other people. I think there is a lot to learn. I have a lot to give. I am very loyal. But it doesn't seem to matter at all, or have any worth.

Part of just being human is to seek connection.  But at this point I truly just think it is not possible for my life.  I don't know why. But it is just the most impossible thing.

I'm tired of hurting.  I'm tired of being knocked down, getting myself up, just to get knocked down again.  Over and over. So why bother getting up.  It's not worth it. I do not have the positive experiences and relationships which balance out all the negative ones.

I'm sorry if that sounds like negative self-sorry drivel but I HAVE REALLY HAD ENOUGH.  I am absolutely completely long-term exhausted.  I don't have the energy anymore.

Jackie says she still loves me, and Dru still does too.  So that's something to be thankful for.  They are very nice good people, for sure.

**********
No tarot because I am just too scrambled and messed up inside.

7 comments:

  1. Please listen to this...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZfvS2LYbZLQ
    Hugs...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank, you Lisa, that's beautiful. <3

      Delete
  2. Ugh, I am so sorry that you've been brought down like this, just when you were in such a good place! :-( I agree, it's NEVER okay to tear others down just because you're having issues. That's just not fair.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Biggest hugs. Trust me, housework is the least important thing among all the things you are doing. All good thoughts and energy flow out to you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry that people have been rotten to you. <3 <3 <3

    We deserve support and love and understanding, because we all possess a very important innate value. As people, we deserve to have humane treatment (until and unless we happen to give that up, but that is for the truly corrupt). I have been brought very closely lately to witnessing a lot of related things in people around me and I don't find it coincidental...there are always reasons and purposes, but we will never understand them all.

    I was going to share something with you in a devotional the other day, and then I forgot. It was about how God takes things away from us so that in the end, we are left only with Him. Maybe I can find it again to share in full...

    ReplyDelete
  5. “A Blessing; May the light of your soul guide you; May the light of your soul bless the work you do with the secret love and warmth of your heart; May you see in what you do the beauty of your own soul; May the sacredness of your work bring healing, light and renewal to those who work with you and to those who see and receive your work; May your work never weary you; May it release within you wellsprings of refreshment, inspiration and excitement; May you be present in what you do. May you never become lost in the bland absences; May the day never burden; May dawn find you awake and alert, approaching your new day with dreams, possibilities and promises; May evening find you gracious and fulfilled; May you go into the night blessed, sheltered and protected; May your soul calm, console and renew you.”
    ― John O'Donohue
    I love you Jessica mwaaaah

    ReplyDelete
  6. “Every friendship travels at sometime through the black valley of despair. This tests every aspect of your affection. You lose the attraction and the magic. Your sense of each other darkens and your presence is sore. If you can come through this time, it can purify with your love, and falsity and need will fall away. It will bring you onto new ground where affection can grow again.”
    ― John O'Donohue, Anam Cara: A Book of Celtic Wisdom

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love your comments! :) <3