topiary cats

topiary cats

Saturday, November 02, 2024

Voting & Oysters

Daya came home to vote.
It's her first time voting in an election.


Then we went out for happy hours and oysters.
Daya took me out for my birthday!
We have a spot we like, it's now our regular.
It's Docks in midtown- they do a great happy hour.

We had a really, really nice time.
She values our good relationship, as do I.
It's just so nice to be getting along so well.
Sure, I still annoy her sometimes but that's fine, but all that hostility she had is just gone and I'm so happy about it.

She actually apologized for everything she put me through.
Once years ago someone told me that she would, but it would take a long time.
I didn't believe it.
I still can't believe they were right.....

....someone just went and ordered a pinot noir like she's done it a thousand times and took me by surprise.......
oh that scared me..... what am I supposed to do if they checked her........ they said they figured i'm her mom and didn't....... I need to talk to her about this, actually I have already but maybe I need to again....
But anyhow she faked me out so I asked how many times have you done this, she said this was my first time!
I said you like pinot noir?
She said I don't know this is my first one!

I ended up drinking some of it, it was very good pinot noir... she's good with a few sips and then she's done.
I do not worry about her and substance problems.
I DO worry about her being over-confident ordering.....
She's just at that barely-adult-try-new-things phase.
(we all did it)


I got a free birthday creme brulee!
Seriously, our waitress was really cool... and she has a 19 year old daughter.



That under-face lighting is always the most flattering......


Oh anyhow it was a great time, such a nice time with Daya.

1 comment:

  1. You ladies look so happy here. I am glad life is leveling out for you both.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!