Even though we have a Red Flag Warning today, I couldnt just stay home and not paint.
But I was really dragging this morning, and I have a hotline shift tonight so I have to time everything.
Last night I woke up in the middle of the night to the smell of fire.
Everything seemed ok so I went back to sleep, only to learn this morning the palisades were on fire last night. That's bad.
I got myself together and went down to the Jamaica Bay Wildlife Refuge, hoping for an easy trip and some solitude in nature.
Of course there was a school group there.......mostly I was able to stay away from them.
The wind was really bad and I was miserable, regretting my decision to go out and paint.
The painting is a little messier than I wanted, however it was physically impossible to hold the brush steady with the wind; it was so strong. Also the wind blowing on me had me crying for the whole second half of the painting. It's difficult to paint through tears. oh well.
8x10 oil
I am feeling very overwhelmed, chaotic, and stressed, so being outdoors painting in nature is helping me stay afloat, even if I still feel unbalanced. Hopefully next week will be better.
AND... look what was waiting for me when I got home...!!!!!
FINALLY.
Now I can finish assembling that damn easel.
As dumb as it sounds, I feel like everything in my apartment has been on hold since a week ago Wednesday because of this. It's a wreck in here.
I need it out of the way (and it is taking up a LOT of floor space), I need it in its space so I can arrange everything else, purge, and clean. I need my studio to be functional again.
Of course the assembly has to wait now because I have a hotline shift...... ugh....
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for stopping by!