topiary cats

topiary cats

Saturday, January 20, 2024

Snow in Sheep Meadow & More Gear

FINALLY we have snow on a day where I can go out and paint!
Today I decided on Sheep Meadow, because it's easy to get to and there will be a nice flat plane of snow.

8x10 oil, about 2 1/2 hours painting time



It was pretty cold... 



Balto


Sheep Meadow is closed in the winter but that's ok.


I finally got to wear my balaclava!



Temp went up 2 degrees...



My feet are still painful from the cold by the end of painting, despite 2 heaters in my subzero boots, electric socks, and 4 layers. And standing the rubber-bottom toilet rug.

What I need are individual winter coats for my boots.... AND THEY EXIST!

I found these and ordered them- I think they are exactly what I need.

The other gear addition I am ordering is anti-fog ski goggles.
I have a problem with my reading glasses fogging up in the balaclava, so I'm completely losing my close-up vision which sucks. The goggles will make me look even more ridiculous and also awesome and will shield me even more from the wind and cold.

I cannot wait to go out subzero painting again soon, I hope the weather cooperates!!

2 comments:

  1. You definitely need those coats for your boots. You are as crazy as we are only we get out to see birds instead of painting. ha...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think I could stand still for that long. I do like all the color in your painting.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!