topiary cats

topiary cats

Monday, January 15, 2024

The Pebble-Scare

 It's ALWAYS Pebbles...
On Saturday when I got home from the Boathouse party she was fine.

Sunday morning she didn't come out for breakfast... and I found her in Daya's room looking like this.


Her third eyelids were showing and she was acting lethargic.
Third eyelids showing is a bad sign, according to everything on the internet.
Nothing says what it is a bad sign of.

Anyhow, I had my egg tempera class and also a hotline shift right after, so I wouldn't be home til late.
Daya would be home.

I called the vet to see if we would get an appointment on Tuesday, since it is a holiday on Monday.

The thing with Pebbles is she's a really little cat and needs to gain some weight, which I have never been able to get her to do.
If she's dehydrated and needs fluids and stops eating, she'll go downhill fast.

We were very close to going to the emergency vet.

Daya is not sure if Pebbles ate or not because someone else might have broken into the bathroom... but in the evening her eyes were back to normal.

This morning I decided to see how she was, if she started eating, and re-evaluate the emergency vet trip.
She seemed ok....!
She was walking around, eyes looked ok, and she ate a little.

I called the vet and.... they are open today!!!
I left a message for the dr to call back but no one did... and she has an appointment on Feb 20 anyhow.

So.... as of now, Pebbles seems to be perfectly fine, I have no idea what happened but she's eating and drinking and being annoying.

That was really stressful!!

1 comment:

  1. Poor Pebbles. I hope her health keeps improving.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!