I have the day off work for a dr appointment, which was kind of a waste of time and I'm left with no answers, $45 paid, and feeling concern where I did not before.
I have a tiny bump in the inner corner of my left eye, right above the lid in the crease.
It's been there for a couple of years, and the classic timeworn approach of "hoping it will go away on its own" has not worked.
It's been there for a couple of years, and the classic timeworn approach of "hoping it will go away on its own" has not worked.
It isn't very noticeable unless you are looking for it, but it's definitely something new that isn't going away.
(The dr had trouble finding it but once I pointed it out he saw it.)
Last December I spoke about it to my retina dr because of the location. (I have a scleral buckle in my left eye from when my retina detached in 1991.) She saw it immediately nd said it was probably a cyst, and I need an ocular plastics doctor. She gave me a referral.
The dr I saw today said it was not a cyst and he doesn't know what it is. He also said he doesn't want to take my case on, which I understand. He gave me the name of another dr that might possibly know what's going on but I don't want to do anything without first speaking to my retina dr.
I do respect that this doctor was honest about this being out of his league. I know I'm a tough case.
So... I don't know.
I'm really tired of dealing with my eyes, I'm tired of looking funny, I'm tired of all the things that go along with a lifetime of having something wrong that is visibly noticeable, I'm just tired of all of it.
Everything is too much.
********
After my doctor appointment I headed over to 3 Times Square to see my friend Janet and pick up a huge vat of toxic sludge!
Yes, I understand this needs an explanation.
Back in the World Before Covid, the Reuters Art group met on-site.
There are leftover supplies from that time.
Including a huge massive jar of used Gamsol.
Janet had no idea what to do with it, nd I will always take Gamsol, so I told her I would take it.
Solvent is reusable. All the junk settles to the bottom, leaving clean clear solvent on top. I need to let it sit for a week or so because there was much sloshing on the way home... some sediment needs to re-settle. Then I will pour off the clean solvent into a new container.
As far as the sludge, I'll keep it by the open window and let it dry out completely for a couple months. It will turn into a rock which can then go in the garbage.
****************
3 Times Square is like a zombie office building.
It's freaky-weird.
This place used to be full of life and people, so vibrant, now it's just empty and dead-feeling.
The elevators got upgraded to touch pads, like in our office downtown.
I never thought I would take this picture again.
I forgot Janet is on 19 so I went to 17.
Yep this looked more familiar.
My old spot on the platform at Times Square.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for stopping by!