Today was a quiet day, I had no particular plans and the weather was good, so I went out painting.
I'm trying to find some new spots- today I went over to New Wave Pier which is all the way East, right by the UN building.
8x10 oil, about 2 hours
This is the strangest statue...
********
After painting I went for a good walk over to Blick on 20th and 6th.
I need more tiny Princeton brushes (I always need them) and I wanted a set of those Chromaflow colored pencils.
I don't really understand why the set of 24 was $26.08 but the set of 36 is $46.58.
So 24 pencils comes out to 1.17 per pencil, but if you get 36 of them it's 1.29.
That's at Blick.
There's an Amazon listing at $26.58 for 24 and ... $54.53 for 36!
This is bizarre pricing and it doesn't make any dang sense to me.
I honestly don't need or want more than 24 of these pencils.
They are quite nice and I like them, they are fine for general sketchbook stuff, travel, and mainly for non-serious relaxing. There is a good range of colors in the tin. I'd like a light blue but whatever. It's not like I don't already have too many pencils.
*********
Daya is at a sleepover tonight so I have the apartment to myself plus the cats.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for stopping by!