I hate TikTok.
Until Daya and I got new phones last year, I had it banned in my household.
I didn't know that when you get new phones all the parental controls are reset, and that's a battle I lost.
Daya's older now though, and I don't know if she goes on there much anymore.
But I still hate it, for many, many reasons.
The videos give me anxiety and I think it's because they end and switch right when they start.
It makes my head feel bad in a weird way.
I also think it is completely dumbing down attention span and how people intake information, moreso than other forms of social media. Yes some of them are funny but mostly they are mindless stupid garbage.
Instagram is turning into another TikTok and this is highly annoying to me. It's actually their new platform model. I just want to see pictures of peoples' paintings. I don't need to see a 20 second process video that is many hours of work condensed into a few seconds. And that's all there is now, with few exceptions.
Until Daya and I got new phones last year, I had it banned in my household.
I didn't know that when you get new phones all the parental controls are reset, and that's a battle I lost.
Daya's older now though, and I don't know if she goes on there much anymore.
But I still hate it, for many, many reasons.
The videos give me anxiety and I think it's because they end and switch right when they start.
It makes my head feel bad in a weird way.
I also think it is completely dumbing down attention span and how people intake information, moreso than other forms of social media. Yes some of them are funny but mostly they are mindless stupid garbage.
Instagram is turning into another TikTok and this is highly annoying to me. It's actually their new platform model. I just want to see pictures of peoples' paintings. I don't need to see a 20 second process video that is many hours of work condensed into a few seconds. And that's all there is now, with few exceptions.
So where does this leave the medium of visual art?
Because it seems to me that now the focus isn't on the actual finished painting itself, but a performance of how it was made which isn't even accurate. and half the time the finished result isn't even shown, like it doesn't matter anymore. So now painting is just performance art.
I find this to be highly annoying.
We can't even look at paintings anymore? And everything is just a concentrated seconds-long show of someone making brushstrokes? It isn't just digital art either, it's ALL of it.
It's annoying and I'm highly grumpy about it.
Hello Grumpy little Momma. I don't watch tic toc either but I know a lot of people do. I watch too much video as it is let alone shortened versions.
ReplyDelete