topiary cats

topiary cats

Wednesday, January 19, 2022

Parent Observation- LaG Dance

Parent observation was over zoom.
Ballet was yesterday and modern was today.
Daya looked great.



I did a digital quick sketch but didn't post it anywhere.
I wasn't in a good art groove, this was maybe 30 mins in Procreate.



This is Daya's modern class from today.
The camera quality was really poor so you probably can't spot the huge glaring problem with this picture........



.......Daya isn't in the class.

************
When she got home, I said to Daya, Your modern class looks fun.
She said I guess.  I think we had a sub today.
I said you did not have a sub today.
She said we didn't?
I said No.  It was parent observation day and I was wondering where the heck you were!

To which she replied...I thought that was yesterday.
me: It was yesterday AND today.
she: I did not know that.

What ensued next was an unpleasant conversation about where, exactly she was.
The locker room.
Why?
She said she was feeling "off".
Of course I was concerned and pressed for more details, but it ended up being that she skipped class 
to do homework, I am hoping that's true because it doesn't make a lot of sense.  Dance is the last period of the day and she didn't have dance after school either. It's a bunch of bs if you ask me.

********
Daya has not been managing her time well with homework and she has waited until the very very last minute to do a ton of work. She has missed school AND dance because of it and I am Not Happy.  And I am Not Happy about being lied to.

I mean, it is hilarious that she chose to skip class on parent observation day......... but............

I told her I was going to email her teacher about it, that I wasn't just going to let it go unnoticed.
Daya is VERY VERY angry with me for emailing the teacher.

They have a good relationship though, and the point is not to get Daya in trouble but to give this visibility and not say it is ok to skip class.

1 comment:

  1. It sounds like she has Senioritis and she is just a Junior. Hmmmmm not good. Naughty girl.
    She told on herself. ha...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!