topiary cats

topiary cats

Saturday, March 27, 2021

St Brigid at St Pat's

Number 8, 9 x 12 pastel on Mi Tientes
This one took over 4 1/2 hours.









****************
I am really liking PanPastels for these.
I did tweak my custom St Pat's PanPastel Palette, I think it worked out ok except I kind of want a non-tinted yellow ochre in there, so I might tweak it again. Have to figure out what to remove.
I think the earth red should be a yellow ochre.

And I did use the purple today! 



It's a bit odd I am in the cathedral so much and doing this series, I really am not a fan of the Catholic church, but I think the beauty of the building goes beyond religion.








Lighting changes, which did not affect me today:

No Spotlight
The lovely colors on the walls came from... actually I'm not sure if lights inside the cathedral but could have also been the sunlight. I was in the front near the entrance.


Spotlight



1 comment:

  1. The places in here are so intricately decorated. They did make some magnificent buildings. You are doing such a good job on this series despite the lighting debacle.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!