I'm having trouble with the upstairs neighbors again.
The noise.
I hate noise....but it is more than that, it is the sheer inconsideration.
There has been so much banging around up there, and it has been hard to live with.
They are so loud!
I haven't said anything because what can I really do...what can anyone do....except- I really, really think they are not in compliance anymore with carpeting.
Sharp impacts, things dropping and rolling around, so much furniture scraping and banging...that can't happen on a carpeted surface. Also, they haven't vacuumed for a long time, and they used to, after the landlord told them to carpet a while ago.
So before proceeding with the landlord I asked the super if he has been up there recently- and what is the carpet situation?
He says he thinks they have an area rug, but not covering the rooms.
They are supposed to have 80% of their floors covered.
He said he would speak to them.
Is that why they BLASTED their awful music again last night?
I made 2 videos for the landlord and called the police.
Their music is audible outside my front door even over the lobby music downstairs.
And its not nice music, it's loud angry mean music.
And then I had trouble sleeping because I don't deal with conflict well and I feel..... wow, guilty? nervous? wrong? (???)... for calling the police and saying something again. I don't actually know what the emotion is, to be honest. Like I'm in the wrong for speaking up about a true disturbance.
I did grow up learning I was supposed to suffer through things rather than speak up, so I guess it's that.
The disturbance is very real, it is ongoing, and I have every right to say something about the music volume and the carpeting, yet I feel so nervous about it.
It's a young couple up there...they had a baby.... I know music impacts babies, and I wonder if angry blasting music impacts the baby... none of my business of course, but I'm genuinely curious. (Maybe it would cry less? It cries a lot but some babies do so who knows?)
I really, really wish they would move.
And that I get a nice quiet neighbor upstairs.
Honestly, I need a break from crap and I'm so tired of absolutely everything.
That would make me crazy too. Since it was so loud you could record in even in the lobby I don't think you should feel bad at all. That is beyond inconsiderate it is abusive...to their baby too. Poor little thing (the baby and you too).
ReplyDelete