I went to Blick last night because the Derwent Metallic Paint Pans are FINALLY here in the US and are on sale.
I don't need them but I need all the shiny things so....
Well, I also found a pad of Mi Tientes grey-tones.
Which I got because I'm thinking about my cathedral paintings. This is nice paper for those.
But--- the textured side of Mi-Tientes should not even exist, it is so terrible.
Literally everyone hates it.
It is also the "front" of the paper.
And I used it by mistake on my last cathedral painting. Ugh.
BUT I GOT SMART!
I marked every single sheet of Mi Tientes from my old pad and the new pad so I will never again use the horrible textured side by mistake!
I was so smart!
Small mental victories.
We need to celebrate small mental victories.


This is a good victory. It would be so disappointing if you did that again. You work so hard to make a good painting you don't want to begin with a mistake.
ReplyDelete