topiary cats

topiary cats

Friday, January 22, 2021

Princess Leia, a Star Wars Cat

Here is a commission I just finished.
It is for a friend's husband. (He is my friend too.)

This is a portrait of his cat who has passed, she was a very special cat to him, and her name was Princess Leia.

So this painting is a hybrid of Star Wars and Elder Scrolls Online, in the layout style of Medieval books of hours.

And now I know how to paint light sabers in oil paint, which I guess is a cool skill.

Total painting time was about 12 hours over several sessions, but I also had to do a bit of planning and research which took a while as well.

9x12 oil




Cat detail



******
This painting was so ugly for a long time.
Progress shots:










1 comment:

  1. OMG, this turned out fabulous!!!! I bet your friend cried.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!