topiary cats

topiary cats

Friday, January 29, 2021

Lunchtime Pinecone

Leah runs art sessions/classes several days a week at different times for our colleagues around the globe.
I joined the Europe/India session today for the first time.

I had no idea what to paint (I don't do Leah's lessons), only that I had leftover paint from last night, and a recycled panel hanging around. 

And a pinecone from Pinetum on my drawing table.
So I painted that.

Didn't plan it well, made some bad decisions, had to fix some of them, had to figure out how to get an always-falling-down-pinecone to stay put (which is surprisingly difficult).

Next week I'm going to plan better.
But I did get to use my Nicosia Green Earth.
5x7 oil






******
This is a practice painting, just a study.
As with all paintings, I always learn something new.

I do kind of wish this was a better painting but it's also ok that it isn't.
Because not everything needs to be "finished presentable" studio work.
For literally zero planning, and 2 hours, it's ok.

And now I have different leftover paint, but not very much.

1 comment:

  1. I love the pinecone. I always have a pinecone sitting around the house.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!