Charlie tells me to drive as if I have been already driving for 10 years.
My initial reaction to this was, I think, everyone's typical reaction: I thought, what a great idea for approaching painting!
Last week at the plein air event I met an artist named David Nakabayashi and he did a painting that is so good it is sick. It was an 8x10, oil, Union Square, buildings, foliage, people.... it was amazing.
I want to be able to do that, too.
Since lately I have been getting interested in incorporating figures, it was perfect inspiration.
So today my goal was an 8x10, oil, buildings, landscape, and people. In Central Park.
This painting took me 3 1/2 hours. I also learned to check surroundings for garbage cans and avoid... it was a bit stinky until the breeze changed......and when the scent started wafting over, it was too late to move.
This is probably my most ambitious plein air painting to date, and I'm really happy with it. But I still need a lot more practice!
Setup/progress shots:
You should be happy with this. It is great. I love the addition of little people. They liven up the space. You can almost hear the laughing, calling out and see them running around. Bravo.
ReplyDelete