Daya and I did a scavenger hunt, learned about sugar in drinks, and looked at the different bugs in compost.
Daya was hungry afterwards, so we found a literal hole-in-the-wall that had 99 cent slices.
There was a kid with his pizza box using the pizza counter as a table at the hole-in-the-wall. He was not more than 10 years old. Very possibly younger. He bit into his slice and exclaimed, "This pizza is fuckin good!"
I thought this was hilarious.
(*NOTE: the pizza was not that great. Certainly not "fuckin good". Not even regular-good. Just ok.)
To be honest, the kid was total bad news and I have no doubt that if he isn't already involved in some shady street stuff, he will be very soon.
But I still thought it was hilarious.
Then we walked back West to the train. We saw this sign, and a little further down the block, a decorative guillotine.
It's True
ALL the trains home were broken.
We waited and waited and it was hot. So we gave up and went to my office to recover and wait it out.
It is very convenient to work in Times Square with 24/7 building access.
The signal problems persisted, so we took the LIRR home.
By the time we got home, the signal problems had STILL not been resolved, but Daya and I were happy to have bypassed the whole mess.
What an interesting day out. Too bad it was such a struggle to get home. Glad you got there safe.
ReplyDelete