topiary cats

topiary cats

Wednesday, April 18, 2018

Things that Take Time

I'm still going through the sadness of loss, and there is nothing for it but time.
I still just need time and space. There isn't anything to talk about, and I don't want to talk.
There isn't anything to do either, except to know things have been much worse and keep doing the things that I do. My dreams are usually bad now, but hopefully that will pass too, in time.  I'm taking it slow, allowing, and giving it space.

I have my next Topiary Cats series.  It is a very good one.  My easel is all set up, I even have the ideal paper ready to go, I just haven't been able to start yet.  I could keep doing these forever probably, or as long as the ideas keep coming. And they don't seem to be stopping.

Stefan Baumann has been hugely inspirational to me. I listen to him a lot. He is good for me.
I have a lot of growing to do, and I'm so slowed down artistically by circumstance but at least I'm working, I never gave it up.

I also took almost all the paintings off my walls and retired them. By that I mean I literally took over 100 paintings off my walls.  The bare walls looked strange.  This past weekend I put the stack of new work up that has been sitting on my drawing table.  But there is still a lot of empty space on my walls, and that is ok, I'll just put new work up there to fill it.

Today I also decided to get back to figure drawing.  Drawing New York has regular sessions, and l'll start going.  They are a good group- I have been out with them a couple of times before.  Plein air is great but I feel unbalanced without figure work.  I miss it terribly.  It has always been a goal of mine to get back to it once Daya was old enough.  And I have a lot of time while she is in dance.  Plus I need to get out and do something around other people. I need to force that into my life.

2 comments:

  1. Life is often a struggle. I am glad you are changing up your walls of paintings. Nothing like a blank wall for inspiration. I love your Topiary Cats. I will look forward to your figure work. Spring will be here soon. So looking forward to Spring myself. It always makes me feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jess, I have missed you... I thought about reaching out to talk with you but I found even that difficult... I am sure you understand. I cut myself off dealing with the physical pain and my emotions ... I think I was almost afraid to start writing again, thinking I would try to type and nothing would come out... but luckily the words were there, waiting for me to sit down and spill them on the screen xox

    I know you don't feel like talking but if you ever do, I am just a Facebook message away... I know I am glad to be writing again and catching up slowly with the blog world again...

    Take care of yourself, I look forward to your new paintings xox

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!