topiary cats

topiary cats

Friday, April 27, 2018

My Idea of Hell

Daya lost a hairpiece for dance...her duet.  And it is a hard one to match color-wise.
We both felt awful, so I told her teacher I'll go look for something in the Garment District- which is where the original hairpiece came from- since I'm over there all the time anyhow.

On an intellectual level, I understand there are a lot of people whose idea of heaven would be going through every shop in the Garment District looking at fabric and buttons and brooches and ribbons and appliques and trimmngs and sequins and God knows what else.  All the things one could possibly need for their creative fabric endeavors.

I understand people come from all over the world to do this; I have seen them.  They look happy, excited, in sewing/fabric/things-fabricky-heaven.

Since I am deathly allergic to anything sewing and fabric related, I am NOT one of these people. Thus, it is a sad fact that I don't really appreciate the Garment District. At all.

Which is why the 2 1/2 hours I spent yesterday combing through every single trimmings store- the big ones and the holes in the wall- was sheer hell. I went to easily 10 or 11 places before I stopped.  Ms Victoria said she found it somewhere in a bin in a hole-in-the-wall shop...she *thinks*.

This is what I found:



I have no idea what the old one looked like, and I just had a really blurry picture to go off, and her teacher's guidelines.  So after texting Ms Victoria, I bought 2 of these for her to see in person...and she thinks they are the same one and they will work!

I am so relieved I don't have to go pack and go through bins and bins of appliques again!

1 comment:

  1. Oh Girl, If I had been in the area I would have loved to do such a chore. I am proud of you for soldiering on...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!