I saw this picture on my Facebook feed from Derwent:
I have been using Derwent pencils since high school...they were my first professional graphite pencils, and watercolor pencils.
Pretty much all my pencils are Derwents, except for some Carb-Orthello pastel pencils which are really excellent. I have definite brand loyalty to Derwent.
There is a stupid amount of Derwent stuff in my studio. I love all of it.
So anyhow they posted this picture of absolute perfection and a link to a set which I fell in love with immediately.
Drusilla and Carey are both just as susceptible to the New Pencils Virus, and we all ordered the set together.
HRH Queen Isis of the Fur helped me test the pencils, which are lovely on grey paper. I found this nice grey paper sketchbook in my stash, not even sure when I got it but it is important to buy art supplies in advance for situations just like this. :)

Isis is a perfect model for your new pencils. I so agree one must purchase any art supplies when one sees them. You never know when you will need such things. I am a little envious of your new set of pencils.
ReplyDeleteWhat a lovely portrait!
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ReplyDelete