Janae and I headed out to paint today.
I wanted to find new spots on Rockaway, I need a place that has good sunset views.
(the beach faces away from the sunset)
So we went to Arverne, where i was last week, but we went north to the patch of wildlife reserve.
It was so hot.
I didn't really like the spot, it's not well-maintained and the kind of place you have to watch out for syringes.
Janae didn't paint much, and she decided to go to the store and get water, since it was so hot and we ran out. She met another woman named Janae and had a fun encounter!
8x10 oil
Probably don't go here.
I don't recommend it. You can get this same view in other places.
*********
I had to be at the boathouse for guests I invited from the hotline.
I was getting on the train when my phone rang.
It was my friend Palma, who grew up on Rockaway and still lives there.
I said Hi Palma! and she launched into NO NO NO NO NO NO!!!!!!
I almost died laughing....... knew this meant I messed up on Rockaway (I didn't, not really)... so I said oh what did I do wrong?
Palma said don't go there alone. I said I wasn't alone, and also it was fine. (It really was fine. I know to be careful of syringes, no shady people were around, and I felt ok.) Then I had to go because I was on the train. But now Palma wants to show me better spots, and I'll take her up on it.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for stopping by!