Whoa, I went away again this weekend... this summer has been a LOT of small trips, and I have... THREE more coming up.... including next weekend for whitewater rafting!
It's fun but also a bit overwhelming, I'm not used to going away so much!
Aimee, Anthia and I went up to Harriman for a chill relaxing camping weekend.
I brought my hammock.
Our campsite was...flooded with children.
Many small children.
So many of them.
They were cute, and it's really good for them to be out in the woods, but they were... so noisy the way kids are, CONSTANTLY.
Everywhere I went... those same children showed up. Every-fucking-where.
Like they had velcro-radar or something.
If I went to the bathroom.... they were there.
If I went to the campsite... they were there.
If I went to the dock.... they were there too.
If I went to the pavilion... you get the idea.
We could NOT get a break from those kids.
There was no such thing as "quiet" all weekend.
They didn't do anything wrong (except the one who watched Anthia in her tent while she was changing) and they are good kids but they were just so constantly LOUD.
It really grated on my nerves and now that I'm home I'm feeling the need to pull back and get some quiet.
Painting 1, 6x8 oil
(Yes the children ended up in the pavilion where I was painting.)
Painting 2,
I had to escape down the camp road. No children there. It was blessedly quiet.
Anthia did see a bear over there, but I decided to not worry about it. I did not see the bear but maybe he saw me and just left me alone....
6x8 oil
The quiet did me a lot of good and what I needed....a break.
We went swimming (the children were there) and while drying off, I did another painting.
6x8 oil
********
Fun assorted camping pics!
.jpg)

.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)

.jpg)

.jpg)
.jpg)

No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for stopping by!