topiary cats

topiary cats

Saturday, July 04, 2026

DTBH 4th

I do not do the hotline on Saturdays or 4th of July.

But our scheduling person has a sparkly influence glamour or something, so I was on the Saturday 4th of July Overnight!
It worked out well with logistics and timing though and I didn't mind.... because it was a great day at the boathouse!

Because of the overnite shift, I missed the many 250th celebration happenings on the river in the morning.
It's ok, I didn't really mind.... I did see pictures of some very cool ships.

When I arrived I saw that Martin bought many new toys for the boathouse- including pool rafts and inflatable sprinklers...we tried putting one of the pool rafts on the jousting platform but it got lopsided and started to sink......





After being in the river, I was relaxing...the manager from the restaurant next door came over and asked if I would like a frozen margarita?

Um, yes please!

I'm pretty much off alcohol except rarely. 
My system doesn't like it anymore, but I could not say no to that!








Judy and I took the sunfish out!
That was... interesting.... because there wasn't enough wind.  
It was still fun tho.




Sailing! ---sort-of!



This year we were not allowed on the water for fireworks- 250th celebrations and security.

Stiil a great show!
Apparently, Jersey City likes to compete with the neighboring shows- and they do a great job!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!