topiary cats

topiary cats

Saturday, May 02, 2026

Overnight at Green-Wood Cemetery & Plein Air Pond Water Adventures

Well, not quite overnight, but kind-of.

There was a moon fest event at Green-Wood, and Janae asked if I want to go.
Of course! She lives close by, so we planned on me spending the night and both of us painting early in the morning

Apparently it was the first year they had this event, so I knew it would be chaos and it kind of was.
But it was fun anyhow. It was me, Janae, Janae's teenage son, and her boyfriend.

There were walking tours and a few food things, not many.

We got a HUGE bucket of mini donuts, which were the best thing on earth until they weren't anymore.

I have had my donut quota for the entire year now.

We went on a walking tour of glowing fungi, which was .... underwhelming but still fun.

Key takeaway, quoted verbatim:
"Most things don't glow."




They really were amazing donuts.
No one needs a bucket of them, and the 4 of us couldn't finish it.










*********
The next morning we walked back over to Green-Wood to paint.
Janae brought oil pastels and watercolor, but she forgot to bring water.

We settled next to a pretty flowering shrub, not too far from a large pond with a fountain.

We remarked how nice it sounded.
Several times.
I gave Janae some solvent for the oil pastels, since she forgot water.

And it seriously took about 15 minutes for me to realize THERE IS WATER IN THE POND DUHHH...
Oh my god we are so dumb!

I'm a little more mobile than Janae is right now, so like the good art friend I am, I ran and got pond water, which was green-tinged but whatever.
I said don't drink it.



Then I finished this painting, 8x10 oil...
I really needed a quinacridone red and I did not bring one but whatever.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!