The Riverside Park painting from last month sold pretty much as soon as I painted it, which was nice.
I told the buyer it'll be ready in a month, he was cool with that.
Actually, everyone who buys a fresh painting has been cool with waiting a month.
Sometimes other painters ask me about that, but it has never been an issue.
It's just the nature of oil paint. I tell people one month and they're good with it.
Sometimes (not always) I use a white with a drier. these are one-layer alla prima paintings without a lot of added oil, and I think a month is just fine for good drying.
I have never once had any technical issue with this, and I have been doing this long enough and often enough that I would know.
So, give it a month, varnish, and it's ready.
When I reached out to my buyer about the painting being ready, he asked if my Brooklyn Bridge painting was still available, because his wife wants it.
I said sure, I can have it ready for today, he said great and sent me more money.
The timing of this has been nice, it paid for so much paint and also the framing and shipping costs for the 2 fundraiser paintings I donated this year.
It's also a feeling like no other when a stranger loves your work enough to give you money for it.
It's also a nice gauge on my pricing, which I finally increased for the first time ever.
I do think my prices are reasonable and appropriate.
We met up at the Lincoln Center fountain, and 2 paintings went off together to a wonderful home.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for stopping by!