Good Tuesday:
The painting from Riverside Park sold!
Wow, that was nice.
It more than paid for all that nice new paint used in the painting!
Crap Tuesday:
I got another Grand Jury Summons.
AGAIN.
FUCK.
I can't defer it anymore.
Back in October they told me they were moving me to trial instead.
21 days MINIMUM is just way too much time to take anyone off work, but they don't give a shit, especially if your employer pays for it, which of course mine does.
So yeah they'll want me and I want NOTHING to do with this.
It's absolutely an imposition.
It absolutely upends my life.
Trial would have been ok because it's generally not that long, maybe three days, and that's ok.
But pulling someone out of their life for MINIMUM 21 days is excessive and unreasonable and I resent it intensely. Actually, I'm flat-out angry about it. It's a hardship for me, but not the kind they care about.
Our president doesn't follow the law, and I resent that I have to in this case.
I do not want to be boxed in with a bunch of people, I do not want to be stuck in court from 9-5, I will not be able to get to the hotline on time or do much of anything after work- including painting.
It's a later schedule than what I am used to, and I'm also not used to other people telling me how to schedule my day.
It's the length of time.
It's just too long.
I'm REALLY busy at work, too.
And they gave me 2 weeks' notice.
Also, my mental capacity is kind-of not great right now and I don't need a pile of new information that I don't care about.
I was grumping about it to my shift partner on the hotline, and they said maybe you'll meet someone interesting. They would LOVE to get 21 days away from their job!
Not me. And I already know a lot of interesting people!
I know I need to shift to a more positive mindset about it but freaking GRAND JURY, it's too much of my time and I'd really like them to leave me alone and find someone else.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for stopping by!