Today I went into the office, and since Kedrin and I are work neighbors, we met to scope out Battery Park and see how bad it is.
Because I want to paint the labyrinth there.
It's bad.
Still.
Battery Park used to be one of the coolest parks in NYC, and now it is all trash construction.
It's awful. The labyrinth I have been wanting to paint since 2024 is still all blocked off.
What an embarrassment.
I'm not sure what's worse: Penn Station or Battery Park, and that's really saying something.
After declaring Battery Park a disaster, Kedrin and I headed up to Trinity Church to see the flowers in the graveyard.
Now all the tourists want to congregate around Alexander Hamilton's grave.
(No one cared about it before the musical came out.)
We met Jack the Historian, and that was a fun encounter.
**********
From what I can tell from poking around the internets, it looks like I am stuck with this burden of Grand Jury. They are not going to care about the life derailment it will cause.
I'm going to prepare and bring a list of my dates and conflicts, which are significant.
My calendar often books 6-8 weeks in advance.
I have a deep simmering resentment about it, I know it's disproportionate to the circumstance but there it is.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for stopping by!