topiary cats

topiary cats

Saturday, August 17, 2024

Statue of Liberty, from the 58th Floor

Facilities doesn't mind if I paint in the office on weekends.
Today, the shades were up on most of the windows and I didn't have to touch anything.

It was peaceful and quiet and...

grey and overcast...bummer!

Well, we work with what we have to work with.

This painting would NOT photograph.  I'm not sure why.  Sometimes paintings just will not photograph properly no matter what.

I thought I could do better at home but nope, the on-location picture is still the best.
Even with the wet painting next to me looking at the photo in my calibrated graphics monitor.
The painting looks way better than the photo but whatever.

9x12 oil
This painting took about 2 1/2 hours, maybe a little more.
It really was very gray outside; I was hoping for more color.
Next time.











No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!