topiary cats

topiary cats

Saturday, July 06, 2024

Plein Air Plus Visual Memory

Kedrin recently went to LA and brought back amazing cheese.

She invited me over for a cheese party yesterday.
I brought paint.

We ate AMAZING cheese and had good conversation, and then we went outside to chat and fix jewelry and paint.

And then we got a surprise thunderstorm.



I ALMOST left my gear at Kedrin's because I actually did want to finish this painting.
And then I decided to make it an exercise in visual memory, go home, and finish today.

I very intentionally did not take a picture of this marvelous wall.

This painting was half done on-location and finished from memory in-studio, and I am very happy with it.

8x10 oil


Studio pic before second session


After I finished and posted the painting, Kedrin took a picture of the wall:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!