topiary cats

topiary cats

Saturday, January 14, 2023

Rain in LA

This past week has been a bit insane for Daya, 
Thursday and Friday she had performances that started at 8pm... (I did not go)... and we had to walk out the door at 6am to catch a 9am flight to LA.

Daya got a callback to USC and they are only auditioning in-person at USC.

We took the air train to JFK... I really like the air train.
It's fun.




The flight was actually quite pleasant, and we flew direct which was also nice.





When we got to LA we came into a steady nasty rain that didn't let up all evening.


We didn't take suitcases... just a backpack.  It was nice to travel so lightly.

LAX is under construction so you have to take a shuttle to all ground transportation out.
Daya met up with her friend who landed at the same time, and we all took a car together back to the USC hotel.

This is the pool as shown in the marketing pictures.


This is the actual pool.



There was a meet and greet in the Glorya Kaufman dance building, and I walked over there to know where it was for the net morning. Another parent was there are we stayed downstairs and chatted with some of the students.

I was hitting my exhaustion wall, so I headed back to the hotel.
I got DRENCHED.
Dripping wet drenched.

Why all this rain in LA.
It never rains in LA.
There isn't even any drainage in the streets, so it's all flooded.




Since I only had the clothes I was wearing, this was a problem.
I put them on the heater in the room and turned the heat up and... it worked.


Daya was still gone and i figured I would take a hot bath to warm up before she returned.
But this was not destined to happen, because the chain in the toilet tank broke and I had to call for maintenance.

I didn't want to keep having to go fishing to flush.

Yes I took a picture of inside the toilet tank.


The maintenance guy came and fixed it, but Daya returned before he left.

So much for my hot bath... I was just too tired from waking up at 4:30am and travel, and even though everyone in CA thought it was only 8pm, I knew it was really 11pm.

I needed some tea. I was really trying to stay up a bit later to avoid waking up at 3am.
Thankfully I prepared well and brought not only my own tea, but a spoon.
It's very good advice to never travel without a spoon, and I don't.


Even with the tea, I crashed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!