topiary cats

topiary cats

Saturday, November 20, 2021

Tequila Rose

I went to Brooklyn Botanic today to paint some nice fall foliage (again), and ended up not painting landscape (again).

There are still some blooms in the Rose Garden, so I found a rose (I think I have painted this rose bush before).  I wasn't really in the mood for photos today, a few people asked and I said no.... some days I really just am not in the mood.

Anyhow, florals are something I almost never do but I wouldn't mind being better at them.  An artist named Daniel Keys is doing a daily painting thing and his florals are astounding.... mine ar not astounding but that's ok, I have almost no experience with it.

Still, I approached things a little differently today and overall it was a good painting day.

8x10 oil
 




Here are the exit signs by the Eastern Parkway entrance.
The exit was not, in fact, between these signs but was way off to the left.


Kedrin invited me to come over after painting; she doesn't live too far away.
She made hot cider and we had a lovey time just visiting.

Kedrin has a fantastic apartment.
It is very Brooklyn.

Also, Kedrin has an electric stove.
It is the first electric stove I have ever seen in NYC. Like, ever.
Now I can't say I have never seen one here.

There is always a first time for everything!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!