So here's a story....
Last night I walked downtown to yoga after work. I walked down 7th Ave from Times Square down to the West Village. It is a nice walk and I do it often when the weather is nice.
Somewhere in the 20s, I stopped at a red light and a man stopped next to me. An older Black man. Looked totally normal. He was talking. Very conversationally in a pleasant way. At first I thought he was on the phone with someone but he wasn't.
Anyhow, he grandly gestured across the street to the opposite corner. He said,
"A house! It takes up the whole block! There is a courtyard inside!"
He kept talking about the house as if it was there. He looked at me as if he was talking to me- not specifically, but just because I was there and looking at him, so I was included in his sharing of luxurious visions.
For the record, I'm pretty down with a house that takes up the whole block with a nice courtyard inside. I liked this conversation very much. I liked this man. I did not think he was crazy or creepy.
I thought he was pretty wonderful.
The light changed and we crossed the street.
He kept talking. Pleasant, happy, excited conversation. Every single thing he saw he converted to outrageous luxury. It didn't matter what it was. He had a wonderful smile. He was so happy, basking in the absolute unquestionable luxury of everything around him.
"The Freedom Tower! Sitting at the top, watching the yachts!"
That sounded pretty good to me, too.
Unfortunately I couldn't hear a lot of the other stuff he said due to street noise.
But I was thinking, this guy is a genius. He's really "there". A master of abundance. He refused to see anything else. He couldn't see anything else. And there is something so powerful in that perception. He has a powerful and important lesson to teach.
But his best interpretation came right before we parted ways, as we passed a construction site:
"A porta-potty! On ice! IN THE MIDDLE OF THE CARRIBEAN!"
It just goes to show that anything can be looked at in any light.
This guy saw lavish luxury in a porta-potty, which is so amazing and extraordinary I am blown away.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for stopping by!