topiary cats

topiary cats

Thursday, March 14, 2019

Gouache and Editorial

I recently discovered that a group of journalists meet twice a month to paint.
In the office.
2 floors down from my desk.
And all the supplies are there already!
NICE supplies, too!

This has been going on since 2016.....!
I'm not in editorial so that's probably why I had no idea.

So of course I have to join them.
And as it turned out the lady who heads up the whole thing was in my January class at Art Students League!
Small world.

It is in an instructed class but people also work on whatever they want.  For my first time there, I painted the class.

Next time I'll work in oil.


*******
HIGH SCHOOL RESULTS ARE STILL NOT IN AND THEY ARE VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY LATE.

Everyone is basically going nuts.
The deadline for private school deposits was yesterday, which put a lot of people in a bad place.
Students are stressing.
Parents are stressing.
Daya is stressing.
I'm not stressing but I'm so done with this waiting.

The letters were originally supposed to come out on March 4th but there was a lawsuit with admissions criteria to 8 of the specialized high schools (LaGuardia was not included) so there was a delay. But the lawsuit was in February and was resolved on-time and the results should have been ready right after...they were calculated months ago.

This morning I got notification results will come sometime next week...but no one knows the day.

The DOE probably still doesn't know the day.

No communication***, delays, mis-management.
But next week we will finally see the end of this terrible waiting.

*** look at that, a 2019 update stuck at the top of a 2018 article.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!