topiary cats

topiary cats

Wednesday, November 28, 2018

Passed Down

Last night we went to parent teacher conferences.
ALL of Daya's teachers LOVE her, and I consistently heard how amazing and fabulous she is.

I was talking to her ELA teacher-- they are starting to read To Kill a Mockingbird.
I read that in 8th grade, too.  Ms. Vereb said Daya might want to have her own copy so she could write in it.  So I said I still have my copy from 8th grade, and it probably has my notes in it.

Daya was SO EXCITED.
Not because I was giving her my book from 8th grade, but she had this idea that since my notes were already in it, she wouldn't have to do anything. I told her don't count on that.

Well, I did find my old copy and there isn't a single note or underlined word in it.
Daya was less than thrilled.






1 comment:

  1. Too funny. I don't remember having to read this book.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!