I got a new set of pastels.
Rembrandt makes a set of darks! I didn't know this until recently.....
So I waited and thought about them a lot, waited some more, and found them for an AMAZING price on eBAY.
I did have to get one open stock- due to a manufacturing error the violet was missing and I had 2 red violets. Easily fixed.
Darks are very important with pastels because dark values are so important and you don't want to use black for everything. You can optically mix pastels but having a good range of darks is important.
I have the set of Sennelier darks but they are much softer then Rembrandts, which are a medium-soft workhorse pastel- good for under and middle layers. This is an extremely useful set and I love it.

Isn't it fun to get new toys. :) I can't wait to see what you do with these darks.
ReplyDelete