Here is this article:
ISIS Targets Times Square
I work right in Times Square, in a building that is often a target because of the company I work for (news).
My manager spoke to me the other day about this and asked me for my perspective.
My perspective is that I am not worried about it. Is it a potential threat? Yes. Do I work in a potentially high-risk target area? Yes. But for the last 8 1/2 years I have been aware of this. It is just a fact of working in Times Square. And I was present (and accounted for) on 9/11. I watched the second tower come down in person with my own two eyes.
My response to all of it is that I refuse to live in fear. It doesn't mean that I throw caution to the wind, but I have to live my life too. There is nothing I can personally do about ISIS, and I still have to come to work.
I will be where I am meant to be in the right times, that is what I must have faith in. I prefer to save my fear for things like water bugs.
(I should put a picture of a water bug in here but I can't bear to...)
Water bugs to you, are like cockroaches to me! Nasty and vile. Ughhh.
ReplyDelete