topiary cats

topiary cats

Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Alas!

I haven't posted anything painting-related in a little too long......
But there is something on my easel, because Carey and I decided to resume our weekly projects.

I'm glad because it really does keep me moving.

So, there is a pastel up on my easel and it needs a lot of work.
I'm using my Mungyo semi-hards, which I love madly.



...and...ALAS!
On Sunday when I started my new painting, my easel gave out and I am really bothered by this.  The.... thingy.... which tightens the painting from the top has gone and died on me so I can't tighten the painting to the mast of my easel.
Which causes difficulty.

It's this thing:
See where the threads are stripped?
I don't know what this is called but surely it can be replaced..... right??

3 comments:

  1. Oh yes, this is a common thing. Anyplace that sells nuts, bolts etc should have a replacement. I just hope the female part isn't stripped too. That is a bit more difficult to replace. I am so glad you ladies are painting again. When I see what you are doing I am inspired to do something too. Carry on...

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH no! Hopefully, you will find a replacement with the same diameter and thread on it. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish my friend lived closer to you... that woman can fix anything with the craziest things... she shocks me often, lol... I no longer think, I need to throw that out, I call her and see if it can be fixed.. haha I do hope you get it fixed Jessica xox

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love your comments! :) <3