I guess I am doing an unintentional series that develops as it goes...
This is a bit unusual for the Topiary Cats, usually I spend a ton of time planning the whole thing from start to finish.
Here is Lighthouse 3, 9x12 oil
This one was fun to do.
I got to use colors I don't normally use from my ridiculous paint collection, and techniques I haven't used for a while.
This painting started as a grisaille:
I pulled out my Vasari Green Earths (except for my old tube of Mesa Verde which I should dig up) and also my Vasari earth reds and Ultramarine.
And my Old Holland Rose Dore extra, which is basically an exact match to the real thing.
I did a chart in 2013 which--- astoundingly--- I can't find on this blog but it is still over at Wet Canvas.
And in case anyone is wondering how many brushes I have bought this week to cope with life the answer is 4... Rosemary Ultimates.

Looks like fun to me. Do carry on.
ReplyDelete