I found a new and interesting spot today- I'm always looking for those- there is a pedestrian bridge at E 63rd St so that's where I painted.
The bridge is kind of messed up in my painting..... it was painted last and I did get a bit cold....
8x10 oil
The midday sun was brutal.
Thank goodness I had an extra panel in my box to somewhat get the glare off.
I took a picture of this because these first three lines are the most important part of the painting.
This is the composition stage.
Three simple lines that look like nothing and a LOT of thought went into them, and some erasing and re-doing.
Where is the horizon?
How much sky in relation to water? (More sky? More water? I chose water.)
And the MOST important thing.... never make any 2 intervals the same.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for stopping by!