Yesterday started Week 6.
It's still April. Long month.
My local grocery store has plenty of toilet paper, but the larger stores like Target do not.
Egg prices have come down slightly but are still way too high.
It's still April. Long month.
My local grocery store has plenty of toilet paper, but the larger stores like Target do not.
Egg prices have come down slightly but are still way too high.
******
LaGuardia Dance had a meeting last night for parents, students too if they wanted to show up, and some of the teachers.
So many people had the same story.
Many of the kids have lost motivation.
These are kids who are used to being in the dance studio for 20-30 hours a week, and now... nothing.
These kids are incredibly motivated and driven, dance is their reason for getting out of bed in the morning and now many of them (including mine) just don't anymore.
Especially since the announcement no school since September, I have noticed a definite loss of motivation with Daya. It's hugely impacted the kids.
The parents who spoke were saying exactly what has been going on here, there is a comfort in that but it's still terrible.
The teachers give online dance classes but they are not mandatory and cannot be.
Most kids don't have the space and the floor type is really important too.
Daya has enough space in her to practice some stuff but it's not nearly the equivalent of being in the studio.
******
Here is a painting that I did in the Reuters East Coast sessions over the past few weeks.
Just to do... something, really.
6x8 pastel on black Richeson.
LaGuardia Dance had a meeting last night for parents, students too if they wanted to show up, and some of the teachers.
So many people had the same story.
Many of the kids have lost motivation.
These are kids who are used to being in the dance studio for 20-30 hours a week, and now... nothing.
These kids are incredibly motivated and driven, dance is their reason for getting out of bed in the morning and now many of them (including mine) just don't anymore.
Especially since the announcement no school since September, I have noticed a definite loss of motivation with Daya. It's hugely impacted the kids.
The parents who spoke were saying exactly what has been going on here, there is a comfort in that but it's still terrible.
The teachers give online dance classes but they are not mandatory and cannot be.
Most kids don't have the space and the floor type is really important too.
Daya has enough space in her to practice some stuff but it's not nearly the equivalent of being in the studio.
******
Here is a painting that I did in the Reuters East Coast sessions over the past few weeks.
Just to do... something, really.
6x8 pastel on black Richeson.
I'm not feeling very productive artistically.
I'm just not up to it mentally.
*******
Well... I did it.... since I finished Shadow of the Tomb Raider (at 100% completion!... Daya is still working on it).........
This week I also succumbed to getting Fallout 76, my friend Audra is extremely happy about it. She's been trying to get me on this game since it came out. She even made me a room in her house with three (topiary!) cats because I have three cats.
Pebbles is in the game, but as a boy-cat.
There is a Pebbles lamp, plush, poster, and probably more stuff I haven't seen yet.
Who knew.... Pebbles really is invasive like that, She does just impose herself everywhere, so I'm not surprised she's in Fallout 76 too.






This is a difficult time. You ladies hang in there.
ReplyDeleteI have never played games. I wonder if I would like it. I don't understand what is going on here but the images are interesting.
In your painting...It looks like the small cat isn't really there, in the reflection. Scary and or sad.