Aside from doing the daily paintings but not writing much about the COVID 19 situation.
So here goes.
I'm not an alarmist person, and I deliberately don't watch/read much news.
So in general I don't tend to freak out or worry too much about things.
And even after this crap is over, I'll still be like that.
But I started really reading the news about this virus in Jan and thru Feb.
I wasn't worried abut the virus here at all, although I was aware of it in China and spreading, and containment measures.
Our first case in NY was March 1.
It started spreading fast.
So on Wednesday evening March 11th I decided not to go to yoga after work, that's when this started to really look serious for the city.
Thursday March 12 was my last day in the office.
Then Friday and that weekend I was going to the vet and doing prep shopping.
Other than that, I have been home.
Except to go to the store and that walk to work on Saturday.
*****
I'm at a point where I need to stop reading the news again.
It's bad here.
It's hard to see this as short-term, although I know it will pass.
The kids everywhere are going through a huge loss, especially the kids in milestone years.
Parents are overwhelmed.
Everyone is struggling with managing mental health and remote learning.
I'm glad we have our technology.
I'm glad I still have my job and I can do it at home.
Sometimes I think maybe as hard as this is- we need it in order to make new and better pathways for society. Maybe this is a chance for the world to reset some things, I don't know. But I can choose to have a positive mindset, because that's better than falling into a mental hole. And the hard moments are hard. I'm staying home. All we can do is wait and see and hope it ends soon.
I was wondering about you. I am glad to know you are doing well. Take care of yourself. This too will pass. We are hunkered down at our house. I feel so fortunate to have a garden to at least be about to get out in. The virus is just now getting here. None known in our county yet. I have been making masks for those in need. Yes, the news is depressing.
ReplyDelete